Wednesday 17 January 2018

Formal Introduction Email (20/1/18)


Subject: Formal Introduction


Dear Brad,

I am writing to introduce myself with a task to reflect on my educational background, professional interests and my communication skills strengths as well as weaknesses. My name is Angela Hwee from Civil Engineering, one of your students taking the effective communication module.

I graduated from Republic Polytechnic (RP) with a diploma of Materials Science and being able to enter into a local university has been a dream come true. I am blessed to represent Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) as my current academia to the upcoming industries that I will be exposed to during this 3-year journey. I am not gifted with great brilliance thus my O level results were unable to place me into what I wanted to pursue; Veterinary. As I had to find another alternative, another area of study I was interested in was Forensic Science, which led me to Materials Science as a stepping stone. Subsequently, I decided to pursue Civil Engineering at SIT that included materials study.

I believe my communication skills have improved vastly through my polytechnic years. I often worked in different teams every semester, therefore meeting new people and adapt to changes swiftly. I also believe that communication always takes two hands to clap; both the sender and recipient has to acknowledge the message across. One communication flaw that I possess is I get tongue-tied easily. There are answers going through my mind but I get carried away and become speechless. Nevertheless, I believe this can be refined with your guidance through this module.  

This module is important to me and my future endeavours I face as communication is the key to success in work, life and relationships. I am committed to participate in discussions and activities to gain knowledge that can be applied on a daily basis and I will remember for life. I foresee myself enjoying your lessons and anticipating it.

Yours Sincerely,
Angela



(revised: 20/1/18) 
read: Dina's, Jasmine's, Umar's, Neng's, Jasmine's, HK's
commented on: Jas', Neng's, Kiat's
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment