Friday 6 April 2018

ANALYTICAL REFLECTION #01


As one of the teams who presented at the showcase, I am elated to present to my classmates in this course's first ever effective communication project showcase. Minutes before the showcase, i feel nervous and scared that I will forget my words and jumble up my lines. We had a final run through to make sure that we still remember our lines. When the first team presented, our team had an overview of what the experience is going to be like. Soon after, our team went to present next, Glen who is the first to start, followed by Jean, Roland and then myself. After Roland finished his last line and introduced me to the audience, my anxiety increased. I stood up and filled my mind up with the words I had to say. Facing the audience with all eyes on me, I pretended that i was the only one in the room to reduce my nervousness. Although there were a few times whereby i forgot some of my words, I just brushed it off and continued smoothly. After I concluded the presentation, we were given comments by the judging panel. We had quite a lot of comments on the mistakes on our presentation slides, but these comments will eventually guide us and improve on our future presentation skills. However through all those mistakes, we had positives comments, praising on our passion for our project which was an encouragement for us to do better. Overall, the experience was fruitful and it enhances my perspective towards presenting to an audience. This experience is very important, as in the future, I will not only present to a group of familiar faces, but strangers or clients, is a practice for me to adapt and be comfortable speaking to an audience. I am greatly appreciative for having this module to unlearn and relearn my language skills and be able to apply these skills in the years to come.
Share:

1 comment:

  1. Dear Angie,

    Thanks very much for the effort reflecting on the showcase presentation experience. I truly appreciate what your team did that day!

    ReplyDelete